TEXAS DRIVERS LICENSE RULES
Teen Drivers Ed Classes will consist of the following:
- Each student will be assigned to a computer.
- All will be required to participate in hands on learning
- All classes will be 2 weeks and 1 days we will go for 4hrs long. This will include Sat/ Sunday Class homework assignments ass to be completed.
- We will have mandatory Parent Meeting every Tuesday after class
- Teens must complete all homework assignments given
- Everyone must be respectful and follow all rules.
- All teens will be eligible to take drivers permit test after 6hrs of class but remember they must still attend class which consist of 32hrs.
- Parents you will not have to be concern about paperwork needed Ms Angela will give you a handbook on everything needed and required for the DPS.
- Parents your teen 6mths Drivers Test appt will also be setup with the DPS office for you teen by driving school. (once permits have been received by teen)
- Lastly lets learn to become a safe driver!
Ms Angela Drivers License School has partnered with Parent Taught Drivers Education to offer Drivers Ed classroom addition to teens (15-17yrs old. )14 yr old can take class 30-45 days prior to their birthday but can not receive drivers permit until he/she turns 15yrs old.
After Completing the classroom course ? behind-the-wheel training
Ages 16 to 17 Road Test Qualifications:
- Must have a valid permit for a minimum of 6 months
- Must have completed 32 hours of classroom and 14 hours of behind-the-wheel
- Must have a DE-964 (Commercial Driving School) and/or PT-964 (Parent Taught) certificate
- Must watch a two-hour video: Impact Texas Teen Drivers (ITTD) within 90 days of the driving test date. After watching the ITTD, you need to print a certificate of completion and submit the certificate to our driving school.
- Please watch the video for rules on road testing:https://www.facebook.com/110544670330712/videos/2251300205016266
Ages 18 to Adult Road Test Qualifications:
- Must have a valid permit
- Must have completed 6 hours of classroom (ages 18-24) and have an ADE-1317 (Adult Driver Education Course) completion certificate.
- Watch a 1-hour video: Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) within 90 days of the driving test date. After watching the ITTD, you need to print a certificate of completion and submit the certificate to our driving school.
Graduated Driver License (GDL) Program
Improve your driving skills over time in lower-risk environments.
Phase One (Learner License): Individuals who are under 18 years of age must hold a valid learner license or a minor restricted driver license for a minimum of six months prior to the issuance of a provisional Class A, B, or C driver license. Under the GDL program, there is not a minimum time a person must hold a restricted motorcycle or moped license before he/she can apply for a Class M license. Individuals transferring/presenting a valid out-of-state learner license but not able to provide proof of successfully completing a teen driver education course, will be issued a Texas learner license. This Texas learner license must be held for 6 months or until the age of 18 whichever comes first, regardless of previous time learner license held in another state. If a learner license is suspended during Phase One, the initial six-month period increases by the number of days of the suspension because the license is invalid during that time. NOTE: Phase One does not apply to Class M or MRDL holders.
Phase Two (Provisional License): Individuals who have held a valid learner license or hardship license for a minimum of six months, reached the age of 16, and completed both the classroom and behind-the-wheel portions of driver education are eligible to take the driving test for their provisional license and "graduate" to Phase Two of the Graduated Driver License Program. Upon passing the driving test the minor may be issued a provisional license. These individuals may not drive a motor vehicle with more than one passenger in the vehicle under the age of 21 who is not a family member or between midnight and 5:00 a.m. unless the operation of the vehicle is necessary for the driver to work, to attend or participate in a school-related activity, or due to a medical emergency. Individuals who are under 18 years of age are restricted from using a wireless communication device, including a hands-free device, until they reach the age of 18, except in the case of an emergency
PARENTS MUST ORDER THE PARENT-TAUGHT PACKAGE ONLY (for Ms Angela Drivers License School)
THIS PACKET MUST BE ORDERED FOR EAST TEXAS DRIVING SCHOOL STUDENTS NOT MS ANGELA DRIVERS LICENSE SCHOOL
Order the behind the wheel only 25dollars : Once you register and pay
call Ms. Angela
ADULT CLASSES 18 AND UP
All adult classes will be held on Tues/Wed/Thurs from 9-3pm
3rd sunday of the month @ 12-6pm
6hr course is mandatory for 18-24yr old
This is a six hr refresher course you will be taking. The written DPS test will be administered by Ms Angela We have the study guide for you to take the test. As well setup your Driving test appts.